Transmission Maintenance Services In Bradenton & Samoset
Our Bradenton Milex - Mr. Transmission location provides both fluid and filter exchange services as well as fluid and filter flush services, depending on your vehicle’s needs and your preferences. Our experienced technicians provide the transmission maintenance services needed to improve shifting and performance, reduce component failure, and increase the longevity of your vehicle.
As you put more miles on your vehicle, your transmission system wears down. Over time, the transmission fluid becomes thinner and contaminated, which can also cause extra wear on the transmission system. Other factors, such as towing, extremely warm temperatures, and stop and go traffic can all cause premature wear on your transmission. Are you concerned that your transmission system needs maintenance? Here’s a couple signs to look out for.
Common signs of transmission wear include:
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do’s and Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
At Milex Complete Auto Care Mr. Transmission, we are committed to helping educate our clients on best practices for their vehicles. Here are a few simple tips to help you prevent transmission damage.
- Do scheduled transmission maintenance according to vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving. Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, as this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle, as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4×4 range on dry pavement, unless vehicle is all-wheel or automatic 4×4 drive.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.